Vlad the Younger/Spoken Dialogue
This entry includes information regarding both Pathologic (2005) and Pathologic 2 (2019).
List of dialogue spoken by Vlad the Younger. These lines are played when near a character, providing additional insight into the events and characters of the Town.
Dialogue spoken is dependent on both the day and chosen player character.
- Don't tell me that's not what you were expecting.
- I am crushed by these walls.
- Did you hear that? Did it come from inside the well? Or am I getting the jitters?
- There's this thing that needs to be done.
- Where did those lazy bastards go?
- It is easier to govern others than to prevent being governed.
- Who lives without folly is not so wise as he thinks.
- Interests speaks all sorts of tongues and plays all kinds of characters, even that of disinterest.
- We promise according to our hopes. We perform according to our fears.
- (Bachelor) Katerina thinks Clara is a messenger from heaven. Hmph. Yeah, right.
- (Haruspex) The big city guest jumps the gun too much. Not the mystery-solving type, really.
- (Bachelor / Haruspex) Simon died on his own. That much is certain.
- (Bachelor) Haruspex shouldn't have entered the game. He has already lost.
- (Haruspex) Prices are rising with every hour. We'll see how the story ends.
- (Haruspex) I wonder who else she has an eye to.
- (Changeling) What is the Silent House?
- (Bachelor / Changeling) Haruspex did have the guts to accept his heritage in the end.
- (Bachelor) It's all very suspicious.
- (Haruspex) The children are looking for some sanative powders.
- (Bachelor / Changeling) Is the disease really contagious?
- (Haruspex / Changeling) It will all work out when a regular train comes.
- (Bachelor) Clara has lured Ripper into an ambush.
- (Haruspex) Bachelor has destroyed the den of Barley's razormen.
- (Bachelor / Haruspex) How can one avoid being infected?
- (Bachelor) Your most important mission is saving people. Do something.
- (Bachelor) Why is no one being buried?
- (Haruspex) Your most important mission is saving people. So save as many as you can.
- (Changeling) You know how to save lives. So do it. Forget everything else.
- (Haruspex / Changeling) Where are the dead disappearing to?
- (Haruspex) Let them say it's not possible. But what if it is?
- (Changeling) They say inquisitors can do anything. Their power is unrestricted.
- (Haruspex / Changeling) People die of scurrying. The Town is in agony. The panic on the streets? Here's your causa mortis.
- (Bachelor) Aglaya was the one who has taught Haruspex how to complete the panacea.
- (Haruspex) Aglaya doesn't trust Changeling. Clara's a breath away from death.
- (Bachelor / Haruspex) At the end of the day, it merely took her four hours to put an end to the chaos.
- (Bachelor) Changeling knows something. Or she was promised something.
- (Haruspex / Changeling) Dankovsky is wrong to think the disease comes from the wells.
- Have you heard? The military arrives tomorrow.
- (Bachelor) I wonder what's happening in the Abattoir. What kind of deal are they trying to make?
- (Haruspex) The Polyhedron's time has come. Before long, we'll know why it was built.
- (Bachelor / Haruspex) Why did they need a weapon this huge? For a town like ours, a much smaller cannon would suffice.
- (Bachelor) This town is a monument to several generations. It was built by our fathers.
- (Bachelor) The Kains are preparing themselves to die. Why?
- (Bachelor) Maria will stand up for the children. I'm on her side.
- (Bachelor) My sister shouldn't be entrusted with these kinds of matters.
- (Haruspex) These villains’ complicity with one another is the ostentatious proof of their guilt.
- (Haruspex) If these types agree to sacrifice themselves, everyone will.
- My path was called 'The Blood of the Earth'. Well, I did find out what comes from where. The conclusions are pretty obvious.
- If we're in the majority, the fragile Polyhedron will be left untouched. We'll manage to sustain life in it. Maria can do miracles.
- They call the Abattoir "olonngo." That word means "ford," doesn't it? Hmm.
- What must be done, must be done… no matter how hard it is.
- Behind any pretty facade, there's a yawning black pit. Always.
- Roots and blood. That's the foundation beneath our feet.
- If you want a house of cards to stand, you'll have to breathe softer.
- I can't move. I'm bound by… family ties.
- How heavy is a head?
- Who knocks on your door at night? Who screams down your chimney? A wight? No, just the wind.
- They claim it's healthy… but the taste is unbearable.
- With every breath, your soul drains slowly away… so just keep your mouth shut, and don't let it slip out.
- Just… don't touch me this time of year. And don't touch anything in here.
- I've heard of this "love" thing, all right. Never seen it, though.
- Every little makes a mickle.
- A clean mouth and an honest hand will protect a man in any land.
- You want to have the upper hand, and you need to get your foot in the door, but your head… I'm not quite sure what to do about your head!
- Five thousand of them locked up in there, silenced, without a voice… a third of the population… oh god. Oh my god.
- I feel smothered in here. I need air…
- Did you hear that? A noise from the well? …Maybe I've just got the jitters.
- The fence is as foul as the thief.
- Curse the bear for eating the cow… curse the cow for jumping the fence.
- Why do they need a weapon that big? A smaller one would suffice for our little town.
- Our big-city guest is a little to fast on the draw, isn't he?
- I see you're branded… is that mark a letter?
- My path was called "The Blood of the Earth."' Well, I found out what comes from where… and the conclusions are obvious.