We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
The Town-on-Gorkhon (Город-на-Горхоне)—a small, remote settlement, lost in the steppe. It developed from the Bull Project—the town's meat-making industry. Unique and isolated, the Town combines various eras of history and all aspects of humanity. Good and Evil coexist equally here.
The Districts[edit | edit source]
The Town is divided into three areas by two tributaries of the Gorkhon river—the Guzzle and the Gullet. Each quarter has its own name and is divided into several districts.
Earth Quarter[edit | edit source]
This is the eastern part of town, by the Guzzle.
- The Tanners
- The Skinners
- The Works
Knots Quarter[edit | edit source]
This is the middle part of town, between the Guzzle and the Gullet.
- The Spleen
- Powders stash and a Stairway to Heaven
- A Stairway to Heaven with half-destroyed collonades is on the outskirts of this district
- The Marrow
- Spin-a-Yarn Square and the Theater
- The Chine
- Yulia Lyuricheva's Trammel and a Stairway to Heaven
- The Backbone
- Town Council
- The Mouth
- a Park
- The Flank
- Lara Ravel's Shelter
- The Gut
- the Olgimskys' Lump and the House of the Living
- The Warehouses
Stone Yard Quarter[edit | edit source]
This is the western part of town, by the Gullet.
- The Bridge Square
Maps[edit | edit source]
A labeled map of the Town-on-Gorkhon. Click to see full-sized image.
Map of various herb spawn points.
A map of store types and locations. Click to see full-sized image.
Traditions and Superstitions[edit | edit source]
- Few people fish in the River Gorkhon for fear of sharp objects like hooks.
- Before the outbreak, townspeople engaged in a blind bartering game in which they exchanged unlabeled packages.
- Despite its cleanliness, locals refuse to drink water drawn from the River Gorkhon, preferring to drink stored water imported from the Capital.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In the original translation, many areas had different names.
- The Guzzle was called the Vein.
- The Tanners was called the Fells, the Rod was called the Stem, and the Willows was called Verbae.
- The Skinners was called the Tanners and the Bone Stake Lot was called the Waste of the Bone Pillars.
- The Hindquarters was called the Veins.
- The Crude Sprawl was called the Damp District and the Termitary was called the Apiary.
- The Works was called the Factory and the locations there were called the Boiler, Braga's Lair, the Chopper, the Machinery, the Old Building, and the Warehouse, respectively.
- The Spleen was called the Kidney.
- The Marrow was called the Heart and the Spin-a-Yarn Square was called the Lace Square.
- The Chine was called the Rib and the Trammel was called the Seine.
- The Backbone was called the Spine.
- The Mouth was called the Cavity.
- The Flank was called the Loin.
- The Gut was called the Womb and the Lump was called the Clot.
- The Crucible in the Bridge Square was called the Horns.
- The Stillwater in the Atrium was called the Slough.
- The Atrium was called the Leaves.