This entry includes information regarding both Pathologic (2005) and Pathologic 2 (2019).
List of dialogue spoken by the Changeling. These lines are played when near a character, providing additional insight into the events and characters of the Town.
Dialogue spoken is dependent on both the day and chosen player character.
- I'm so tired I might faint.
- I'm sick. The world is going dark.
- It's so cold.
- My hands are tired and my palms are tingling.
- I'm surprised you're still alive.
- You've changed, or am I imagining things?
- Are you sure you're in good health? I'm glad.
- What is there to talk about now?
- However astute, you are unable to fathom the extent of the evil you're doing.
- Neither the Town nor the Tower have to be sacrificed. Everything can be saved.
- People are willing to sacrifice themselves so that the Town survives. Help me get to the Cathedral. I'll show you.
- (Bachelor) See? I'm not trying to interfere with your work. Each of us has their own way.
- (Bachelor) Why are you giving me that look? I don't bite.
- (Bachelor) Everybody's waiting for a train carrying tankfuls of panacea. Those fools. They think a train can fix all this. Right.
- (Bachelor) I wonder what they found in that huge well.
- (Bachelor) It's not me, I swear. I'm all alone against the world, but it's not my fault.
- (Haruspex) Won't anyone believe me? Won't anyone help?
- (Both) My patrons have abandoned me. I'm expelled from their very house. They'll pay for it.
- (Haruspex) Impossible, impossible, impossible they say. But what if it can be done?
- (Haruspex) Dankovsky believes the disease came from the wells. He's wrong.
- (Haruspex) Arsonists everywhere, riflemen all around... they haven't touched the common folk yet, but, what's next?
- (Haruspex) I'm still enamored of this valiant Commander. He told me he was going to protect me. Yes... I will win him over to my cause.
- (Bachelor) This false Georgiy is no Georgiy at all. Another person has been living in his body for two days now.
- (Haruspex) The devoted have agreed to help me. They'll be the first to follow the Town's fathers’ lead.
- (Both) I'll find a use for every single person here! I'll perform the essential miracle.
- Shall I sing a song for you?
- (sings to herself)
- People… don't like people much. But hating others… that's a challenge to them, too.
- Words are neither priceless nor worthless—they are only their purpose.
- Look at my hands. Ignore the dirt. Just focus your gaze…
- I won't touch you, so don't touch me.
- Is a hand a hand? Or is it just the fingers? Or the prints themselves?
- It wasn't me. Don't glare at me like that.
- Life blooms only while love breathes. Love is vital—how can I make you see?
- There is a god.
- You know… all saints and magi alike… they only speak of love. Love and patience are our most precious gifts.
- You know I'm not angry with you? Not at all.
- Bitch… what a beautiful word. Bitch. I'm talking about my sister.
- Will no one believe me? Will no one reach out to me…?
- White birds are killed, yet black cats are beloved.
- My heart aches like it's been pierced with a blunt needle.
- I pity you, human. You're so good, but there’s so little of you left.
- Whichever finger bleeds, the whole hand aches.
- Our quarrels are ended, our friendship is mended, and if I should lie, of pox should I die.
- The sweet tabby I chose had no fur and no nose; on eight paws he would linger, on his tail was a stinger…
- Rough as dutch, safe to touch. Smooth as bone, leave it alone.
- See? I'm not holding you back. Let each of us find our own path.
- Why are you looking at me like that? I don't bite.
- It wasn't me, I swear! Everyone's against me, but I'm guiltless…
- I had a sister once. I recall a girl as little as me when I was little myself.
- I'm going to faint… I need water, please! Water!
- Ugh. It's so cold, isn't it? Like, cold-cold.
- Who are you?
- Weird that you're still alive…
- You've changed, haven't you? Or am I seeing things?
- (snickering) No, no, don't mind me. You're just funny, that's all.
- Shh… stop squirming. Everything's all right now.
- Close your eyes. Let me kiss them.
- God sees us from beneath the earth. Why do you think he's in Heaven? He's down below.
- You've never seen a living human in your life.
- There's more of me to love… like two or three of me.
- The left hand doesn't know what the right's up to. And the right doesn't know the left's secrets.
- There’s a lot of me… not so much of you.
- They're all expecting a train carrying medicine and doctors! Fools! They honestly think a train can fix this. Like hell it'll come!
- My patrons have spurned me. Turned me out of their house. But they'll pay for it…
- You think you're cool-headed, but you're just cooling.
- Warm hands, cold heart, huh? The saying goes the other way.
- Light feet and heavy heart, huh? It should be the other way around.